Saturday, August 4, 2012
Just published v1.1.0 of my framing protocol module for node.js. https://github.com/lleo/node-frap I rewrote the input parsing routine completely for v1.1.0. It wasn't broken before, but the current version is much cleaner/better looking code. I remove gobs of what I've come to call vomit code. All the verbosity for debugging and assert-bombing to die close to a bug (old C-coder debugging style of mine). Lots of lines-of-code reduction. Makes it easier to read casually. I implemented a lot of BDD tests, based on the mocha framework. I wrote better benchmark scrips. Better but not very good. Overall, I'd say it is more stable and healthier code than v1.0.0.